Its Summertime! Enjoy this flavorful steak sandwich accented with caramelized onions.Make and share this stove-top recipe year round with your friend and family.
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 1 bag La Brea Bakery French Baguette Twin Pack
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- Slice onion thinly
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Add the onions. Stir together, and cook until translucent and light brown.
- While the onions are cooking, go ahead and season your meat.
- Season both sides of steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Remove onions from skillet and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet.
- Turn the heat up to medium high and add meat.
- Let the meat cook until one side is brown and slightly charred, then flip
- Cook until both sides are charred and brown (about 4-5 mins each side)
- Add onions, stir and turn heat off.
- cut baguettes in half, butter, and toast
- To assemble,lay bottom half of baguette on plate.
- Place meat, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half baguette.
- Cut in half, and devour!
Tip: When purchasing steak you can buy prepackaged skirt steak in your meat department. If french baguette is not available you can also use sourdough baguette