Crunchy French Toast
Your new favorite french toast recipe! Crunchy french toast with that addictive extra crunch your entire family will love. This will definitely be a repeated recipe in your household.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 8 cups cornflakes, crushed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 slices Texas toast, sliced diagonally into triangles
- Syrup, whipped cream, and fruit, for serving
- "!Vanilla Bean Glaze"
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, water and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth.
- If necessary, stir in 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla until well blended.
- Slowly whisk in baking powder until smooth.
- Add cornflakes to a second shallow bowl and place next to the batter.
- Heat 1 inch oil in a heavy skillet to 325 degrees.
- Working with 1 or 2 bread slices at a time, dip bread in batter and allow any excess to drip off and back in to the bowl.
- Roll generously in cornflake crumbs. Immediately fry in oil until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Drain on paper towels/ wire rack and transfer to a baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Top with powdered sugar and serve warm with maple syrup, and whipped cream