Adapted from Baby Foode
Looking for a quick, and delicious on the go breakfast recipe. This is one of my favorite breakfast recipes.The first time I made this recipe the muffins vanished within the first 20minutes. Kids, teens and adults all love this recipe. Healthy meets tasty and delicious with this fun recipe the whole family will love.
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
Yields 12 standard muffins/36 mini muffins
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup applesauce or apple puree
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, grated
- 1/2-1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line or spray your muffin pan.
- Take the grated apple and layer between a couple paper towels, pressing down slightly to soak up some of their juices.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar and allspice.
- Add in olive oil, applesauce, egg and grated apple and mix until batter is just combined.
- Evenly scoop batter into muffin tin, filling 3/4 of the way and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool the rest of the way.
Storage - 1 week in fridge or on counter in air-tight container. Will freeze well for 2 months.