Donuts are best served warm and fresh! Transform store bought Pillsbury Biscuits into out of this world donuts. Fatten up this winter with this glazed donuts recipe perfect for friends, family, and entertaining.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3-4 teaspoons of milk
- In small bowl, mix ingredients for Glaze until smooth, adding enough liquid for desired glaze consistency. Cover; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and cut circles in the center of each disk.
- Roll each cut out into 8 balls (these are for the donut holes).
- Place donuts 2 at a time into hot oil until golden. Flip onto other side and fry again until golden.
- Remove donuts from oil and place on paper towels. Repeat the frying process for the rest of the donuts
- When doughnuts are cool enough to handle, turn upside down and dip halfway into glaze or drizzle. Let any excess drip off, then transfer right side up to a plate.
Reheat leftover donuts for a few seconds in the microwave and enjoy
If you don't have a thermometer dip the end of a wooden spoon into the hot oil and if it bubbles the hot oil is ready